Summertime in Houston is HOT! No doubt about it. Does it even make sense to heat up your house even more by using the stove and oven? True, you have central A/C, but why make it work even harder and expand your energy bill? If you want to grill and chill, an outdoor kitchen is the way to go!
Think about what you want in your outdoor kitchen; do you want a grill, sink, Center Island, or a bar? Do you need a cooktop or even a pizza oven? You’ll need the right ventilation for cooking if you do. Make your list of must-haves and take it from there.
- Take Cover. Do you want something enclosed, partially enclosed, or open with a shade cover? Looking for shiplap walls or just lattice work? How about a full ceiling or just a palapa? Think about your surroundings for your space.
- Chill Out. You’ll definitely be grilling in your outdoor kitchen, but just how much chilling will you do? Mini-fridge or full-size? Coolers or ice bins? What about ceiling fans (or stand-up oscillators if you don’t have a ceiling) to keep you cool?
- Light It Up. Electricity is a big decision for your outdoor kitchen and you most likely need a little power if you’re going to run a fridge, fan, or any type of appliance. Maybe you want lighting to keep the party going after dark. And Margaritas don’t make themselves; a blender is essential.
- Washer. Running water is important to keep you from cross contamination during prep. Raw chicken should be washed off your hands after you put it on the grill and before you slice up that tomato for your sandwich. Plus, a sink can be beneficial for quick clean up.
- Style. Do you want a Nantucket style kitchen? Stainless Steele and stained oak? A functional u-shape layout or something more casual? Once you decide on everything else, the layout, design, colors, and building materials complete the job.
Now that you have your list of wants and needs, bring it to us. We can transform your outdoor space into something fully functional and fantastic. We’ve been doing outdoor kitchens since before they were popular, so we’re one step ahead of the competition. Let us help you design a grilling and chilling space that will last you for the life of your home and beyond.