You may have “inherited” a swimming pool in your home from the previous owner when you moved in, or your pool may simply have given you many years of pleasure but is now showing its age. In either case, you may be thinking about taking that swimming pool and modernizing it with a renovation. Of course, making the decision to do that, especially if you want a quality job, isn’t going to be cheap.
Fortunately, when it comes to pool renovation work here in Houston, you’ve got options. If you’re trying to be careful with your money and want to control your budget, Creative Pool Designs By Express have a special partnership with Lyon Financial that offers pool financing options. (more…)
A swimming pool can be a sizable investment, not just in cost but in area. It is, after all, essentially a large container of water that is big enough for people to swim in, and often it becomes the centerpiece of an entire backyard when the work is complete. (more…)
At Creative Pool Designs by Express, we excel at bringing you the pool that best reflects your style. It’s designed for you alone.
As a new year comes around, it’s always fun to see what’s trending among pool owners in 2017. Some are familiar, a couple break new ground and all are possible when pulling together your dream backyard escape.
Here’s an idea of what’s trending today:
- The infinity pool is still with us. It has no visible edge on at least one side. The water spills over the edge into a hidden basin, giving the illusion of infinity. That might just be how long this trend lasts, too.
- More of you are opting for the beach experience. Popular features include a slow slope into the pool, similar to what you might find at a lake. Consider, though, that other critters use the same approach at the beach. Some pool owners find wildlife are more drawn to pools like these than other more traditional pools.
- Go natural. Many are choosing to build smaller pools and make them natural. They are cleaned using aquatic plants rather than pool chemicals. Or you can meet that goal halfway by opting for one of the new sanitation systems that drastically cuts back or even replaces the typical chlorine regimen.
Stay true to yourself and what you want in a swimming pool. Come to Creative Pool Designs by Express when you’re ready to take the plunge. You won’t be sorry.
However, there is one thing that can make your whole swimming pool experience better. (more…)
Outdoor kitchens have become a popular addition to your backyard oasis. Being able to cook and serve food to friends and family without having to be trapped inside is perfect for parties and get-togethers. However, in order to get the most out of your addition, there are a few design tips to creating the perfect Houston outdoor kitchen. (more…)
Are you thinking of getting a new pool this year?
Come by Creative Pool Designs by Express and see what’s earned us top honors with the Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List, and more. Our name says it all – we’re creative – and that means we’re ready to make your wildest dreams come true.
So where do we begin?
- Our in-house designers can help you find the shape you want, whether it’s retro or the state of Texas! Of course, other factors play into your choices, such as location in your yard. But together, we can find a design that will anchor your backyard escape!
- Once we have the starting block – the swimming pool – we can build on the features that best fit your lifestyle. Do you like cooking outdoors? Are you going to swim laps or are you more interested in lounging with friends? Does the soothing sound of a waterfall or the healing massage of a backyard spa fit into the big picture? We can pick and choose what makes it ideal for you!
- Of course, we have a responsible side as well. Our experienced crews know how to meet your community’s requirements, how to find you the best source of financing, and which equipment is going to lower operation costs. And when it comes to choosing features, we can show you which ones are best installed during construction and which can go on a wish list for future consideration.
We are here to walk with you through entire process and leave you with a dream oasis. And all of us at Creative Pool Designs by Express wish you and your family a very happy New Year!
There is nothing like having a dip in your Houston swimming pool and spending some quality time with your children. However, the pool can present a lot of dangers for kids who don’t know proper swimming pool safety.
Here are the 3 pool safety rules every child should know about: (more…)
From increasing the value of your home to the convenience of having a pool right in the comfort of your backyard, there are plenty of great things about owning a Houston swimming pool. However, there are a few unsung benefits you should know about. (more…)
The holidays are here, and you’ve found your poolside answer to the little black dress.
It’s the perfect bathing suit, and it fits in all the right places. The color is spot on! The impressed glances? Well, what more could you ask for?
But you have a nagging feeling that maybe, just maybe, it’s too perfect. You’re afraid to get it wet and risk never feeling the sense of swimsuit satisfaction again!
But considering the time and money you invested in finding the right swimwear, chances are good the designer must have thought through the suit, too, to ensure it stays in great shape for a long time. Here are a few tips to keep your suit in prime condition, in the pool and out:
- Before you even wear it, soak your bathing suit for 30 minutes in a solution of one tablespoon of white vinegar to a quart of water. This will set the color, which is especially important if you’re going to use a hot tub!
- At the poolside, bring along a towel for sitting on concrete, wood or any other suit-snagging surfaces. Don’t take a chance!
- When you’re done swimming–or even sunbathing!–immediately rinse your suit. Chlorine, sunscreen, lotion and even natural body oil can do a real number on your suit. When it’s time to launder the suit, hand-wash it using a mild soap rather than a harsh laundry detergent. After rinsing it, roll the suit in a towel to soak up the excess water before laying it flat to air-dry.
- Leave it alone for at least 24 hours, especially if it’s made with a memory-fabric such as Spandex. it needs at least that long to spring back to its original shape.
Thanks to Houston’s naturally warm weather, an outdoor kitchen is the perfect addition to any backyard. From wood fired pizza ovens to gourmet appliances, there are plenty of features to personalize your outdoor kitchen to create a cooking environment that the whole family can enjoy.
Still not convinced that an outdoor kitchen is right for your backyard? Here are just a few of the benefits you do not want to miss out on! (more…)