At Creative Pool Designs by Express, we know how important it is to have a space that is functional and beautiful. You already have the swimming pool but you feel as if your yard is missing that little bit of something extra that makes it stand apart from the rest while offering a great place to entertain friends and family. We offer many different features that can add equity, beauty, and purpose to any backyard space. (more…)
How do you put a price on the cool, refreshing call of a backyard swimming pool? When that hot Texas sun turns up the temperature, nothing’s as satisfying as a quick dip.
When it comes to turning your backyard into an oasis, you’ve got lot of options. There’s the sort we offer at Creative Pool Designs by Express, including outdoor kitchens, fire pits and waterfalls.
Then there are the many ways you can finance your dream, whether it’s a pool-and-spa combo, a tropical getaway or a customized design fit to your yard. Sure, you can put it on your plastic, assuming you have a robust limit waiting in the wings. But there are easier and more financially friendly ways to make your dream come true:
- You might be able to secure a home-equity loan. Interest rates vary, and you run the risk of losing your home if you can’t keep up the payments. On the bright side, you might be able to write off the interest paid just as you do with your mortgage.
- Are you buying a new home? Depending on how much you are financing, you might be able to fold the cost of installation into your new mortgage. It helps if the pool is expected to increase the value of your home, though that’s not always a guarantee. If you’re building a new home, you might also save on costs by allowing the pool contractor to come in after excavation but before development. One word of warning: Government-supported mortgages often don’t allow pool-installation costs to be included in the mortgage because swimming pools are considered a luxury item.
- Pool builders such as Creative Pool Designs by Express often work with customers on financing their new pools. We’ve teamed up with Lyon Financial and AMS Financial, both of whom specialize in swimming pool loans. Another benefit to working with your dealer: In some cases, you can get a partial refund if you’re not satisfied with the job.
Give us a shout and we can talk. You’ll be in the swim in no time!
It is that time of year again when you decide to take a nice, hard look at the swimming pool that you have been maintaining for the last several years. You may notice the fading color, the design that you are no longer attracted to, or you have recently considered new features that you would like to add. You decide that it is time to consider a pool renovation. (more…)
You have been toying with the idea all year and have finally decided that it is the right time to get that swimming pool you have always dreamed about. You have taken into consideration all the pros and cons of having a swimming pool and decided that the benefits and reward far outweigh any negative aspects that you could think of.
Pools can add value to a home, especially if the home happens to be located in a higher end neighborhood and most of the surrounding neighbors also have pools. Having a pool could ultimately provide an excellent return on the investment when it comes time to sell the property. (more…)
Leave it to Las Vegas! Have you heard about Waters Edge, the showcase house with the tricked-out pool some say represents a trend in luxury pool design? You cross it on a bridge to the home’s entrance. It begins in the front yard and works its way through the house to the infinity pool in the back, which overlooks the Las Vegas skyline.
When you’re spending upward of $500,000 on a pool, there are plenty of amenities you work into the design. But for those on a tighter budget, the right team such as the sort you’ll find at Creative Pool Designs by Express knows how to take care of basics.
Here are a few of today’s pool features that keep these mega-pools grounded in reality:
- Although more pool owners are looking for unique twists, such as glass walls that allow you to watch swimmers underwater, simplicity is key when it comes to caring for your pool. You know most of it can be done from our smartphones!
- Water conservation is a prime consideration. One pool, designed to prevent water from splashing out of it, actually lowers the water level 4 in. at the press of a button. The water goes into an underground tank, where it’s stored until you push the button again when you’re done swimming. Every drop counts!
- When it comes to sitting down with your pool builder and beginning the process, know how you’re going to use your pool. Why are you getting a pool? What do you hope to get out of it: the soothing calm that comes from the aesthetics, or the fitness achieved through swimming laps? It’s an important consideration, whether you’re paying $50,000 or $500,000.
Ready to create your own dream pool? Give us a call at Creative Pool Designs by Express and see what we can bring to the table. Our name says it all!
It’s part of the dream, isn’t it? To have an awesome pool in your backyard that you were able to design yourself and has everything you want it. We know you can imagine it with all the entertainment features and a kitchen. We know that because we know how to make it happen, and it is not as difficult as you think. (more…)
For some people, a swimming pool isn’t something that was conceived and implemented in a home, but was instead something that came along with the property when they bought it. Even for people that take the time to seek out a contractor and have a swimming pool built, there’s a misconception that is common to many swimming pool owners that this is a “one and done” deal. That is, a lot of people think that once a swimming pool is finished, that’s all there is to it, it’s time to enjoy that pool. (more…)
Falling temperatures can a game-changer, whether they are triggered by a polar vortex or other winter weather. They can wreak havoc on your swimming-pool equipment. When water freezes in a pool system, it can cause serious damage to your pump, filter and heater, leaving you with hefty repair bills.
But with a few precautionary routines—and a trustworthy alert system—you can still enjoy the four-season swimming that Texas offers. Here’s what to do the next time a cold wind blows through town:
- First and foremost, you need to know when freezing conditions are around the corner. Catch the evening weather report or sign up for freeze alerts on weather.com. There’s even an alert system that includes flashing lights and a high-decibel beep when temperatures fall below a preset level. Most reliable is a freeze-protection unit in your pool system, which puts your pump into action at the right time. Some pumps have this feature built in, while others require an add-on. Give us a call at Creative Pool Designs by Express for more information on your Hayward equipment.
- If it looks like a big chill is on its way, run your pump around the clock with all valves open. Be sure to turn off the timer! Since moving water doesn’t freeze, this should do the trick. But if the deep freeze happens in the middle of a winter storm and you lose power, it’s time for Plan B. As quickly as possible, turn off the breaker so that your pump won’t restart without water. Then unscrew the drain plugs on your pump, heater and filter. Open the filter air bleeder and pool line valves. If you have a saltwater system, remove the chlorinator tubing and lid and pour pool antifreeze in the skimmers. When the lights and the breaker are back on, replace the drain plugs and prime the pump before starting it up again.
- If you do everything right, lift up the pump lid and still see ice, you can take several steps. Turn off the breaker so nothing jumps back into action. Drape the equipment in heavy blankets and, under your constant watch, set up an electric heater near the equipment. Once it thaws, turn the breaker back on, start up the pump and look for damage. If you see cracks or water spurting out, shut it back down and drain all water out before calling in the pros.
Want to know more? Feel free to give us a call at Creative Pool Designs By Express.
One of the great advantages of living in Houston is that the weather here tends to be milder and more cooperative than states further up north. December in some place like Minneapolis, Minnesota can be an ordeal in snowstorms, blocked roads, and endless mornings spent shoveling sidewalks clear, or pushing snow-blowers around. (more…)