How much does a swimming pool cost?
Once you have decided to purchase a swimming pool the next question you may have will be “how much does a swimming pool cost?”. Many pool enthusiasts have no idea how much their desired pool will cost. Although, we can’t provide you with an exact number of what your pool will cost because every pool design is different. We can give you the variables that are taken into consideration when it comes to finding the price of your pool.
Type of Pool
The very first thing that will be taken into consideration when finding the price of the pool you desire is the type of pool you want. The price of a pool begins with the amount of construction and material that will be needed to build the pool you want.
- Gunite Pool-Gunite Pools are the most expensive pools because they come with a list of customizable features that can make the pool increase in price. You can add special effects such as a waterfall, or different types of stones. The options are endless with this pool.
- Fiberglass Pool-Fiberglass pools also rank high because they are molded pools. What this means is they can be transformed into any shape you would like them to be. They are also transported to your home in their shape and installed in one piece.
- Vinyl Pool-Vinyl pools are next in line because of their main advantage of not cracking or breaking, since they are not installed directly onto the ground. Instead, the vinyl separates the ground from the pool which prevents cracks.
- Above Ground Pool-If you are looking for an easy way to incorporate a pool into your backyard without the need to dig or spend a lot of money, then an above ground pool can be the best choice for you.
Area You Reside In
Another big factor in the cost of your pool is the area you live in. When digging to install your pool, hopefully nothing is their besides dirt, but every now and then there may be large rocks that need to be blasted away, which can increase the cost.
The more features you add to your swimming pool the more expensive it will be. Features can be one of the main reasons why your bill goes up. Many pool enthusiasts have an image in mind that they want to fulfill. Just remember every feature will increase the price.
Another large chunk of expense will be your pool safety. Pools are an enjoyable additive to any home. However, when your new oasis isn’t safe it will not be enjoyed by others. In this case, you may want to have a fence added or barrels that will keep children away from the edge of the pool in order to prevent any mishaps from occurring.
Are you questioning, how much does a swimming pool cost? Creative Pool Designs by Express is a Houston Texas custom pool builder who has built a reputation as a leader in the Houston Pool Builder area.
Contact Creative Pool Designs by Express today for your FREE no obligation quote. Make your dream a reality! Creative will guide you thru the entire process meeting your individual needs and costs.
Look at that pool over there!
It’s beautiful. It has an inviting curve, a gurgling spa and flagstone-and-flora landscaping. Although Creative Pool Designs by Express can take full credit for its amazing aesthetics, the crowning glory is the siren call of its cool, crystal-clear water.
The foundation for all of it, of course, is the Hayward equipment Creative Pool Designs installs with each pool and spa. But you play a part, too, by making your pool sparkle like a jewel in the sun.There’s much more riding on cleanliness than simple looks: a properly maintained pool prevents water-borne illnesses, algae infestations and other avoidable problems.
So what’s messing with your water, and what can you do about it? Here are some important reminders.
- Swimmers! Do you shower without soap and shampoo before jumping into the pool? If not, you’re helping to contaminate the water. And no, chlorine does not offset a little urine! Stuff like make-up, deodorant and feces shuts down chlorine and keeps it from doing its job. If you can smell the chlorine in your pool, it’s a cry for help because it means contaminants are winning the battle.
- Hot! Hot! Hot! If your pool water regularly hits higher than 82 degrees Fahrenheit, you’re creating a hotbed for bacteria and other microorganisms. Algae, anyone? The easy fix is to stay on top of maintenance. Run your pool’s pumps 10 hours a day while the sun is out. Allow the UV rays to neutralize the chlorine. Be diligent about testing chemical levels and, with pumps circulating, adjusting the amount you use. If more action is needed, consider building a shade structure over the pool.
- Water woes! Where are you getting your water? When using a hose to raise the level, run the water into the yard for a few minutes to get rid of stuff that’s been sitting there stagnating. Unfortunately, you don’t have the same control over rainwater that drops in uninvited. Watch your chemical levels including alkalinity, calcium, hardness and other total dissolved solids.
In short, it’s all about staying alert and on top of maintenance. In the end, it’s worth the effort.
What size swimming pool do I need?
Swimming pools are an excellent addition to any home in Houston. They provide a fun and enjoyable atmosphere for all different ages and sizes. However, one of the main difficulties many pool shoppers will ask themselves is, “what size swimming pool do I need? Buying a swimming pool doesn’t exactly come with a manual that you can read up on in order to figure out exactly how big or wide your pool should be.
To guide you in the right direction we have decided to answer the burning question most pool shoppers have “what size swimming pool do I need?”
Who will be the main users?
This is the main question that you should know the answer to before deciding to purchase a pool. The reason being the more people that will use the pool the bigger the pool needs to be length wise. We advise the length of the pool be longer because most kids and parents use their swimming pool to entertain family and friends.
However, many pool enthusiasts have an image in their mind that they need an extremely large pool. The truth of the matter is taking care of a pool is a lot of work which means if you do not need an extremely large pool than you may want to opt against it.
Do you have a Budget?
This is a very important piece of information to know as swimming pools can be expensive. Essentially, the larger the pool the more expensive it will be. Consider the size of your pool with the budget you have in mind.
How deep do you need your pool to be?
The depth of your pool is something else you need to decide. In order to figure out the depth of your pool, you may want to consider who the pool is intended for. Is the pool intended for entertaining? Will it will be mostly used by adults? Or is the pool intended for the use of children? Depending on how you answer these questions will help you decide how deep your pool should be.
What shape do you want?
Choosing the shaping of your pool can give you the best bang for your buck. For example, a rectangle pool will give you the most-square footage when it comes to the size. While another shape will give you less square footage but are esthetically pleasing for those that prefer something fun and out of the ordinary.
In conclusion, when trying to figure out the size pool you want, consider a few of the questions listed above as they will help guide you in the right direction. Always keep in mind the safety of your family at all times when choosing the size of your swimming pool.
What size swimming pool do I need?
Let us help!
At Creative Pool Designs by Express in Houston, our team of pool professionals will be your guide. Contact us today!
Deciding to have a pool constructed in the backyard raises many questions, and concerns for any homeowner, especially concerning the price and how affordable and attainable the dreams of a backyard escape can be.
A lot of people may feel that having the perfect backyard is just beyond their reach, but that is when pool financing comes into the picture to save your bank account and put your mind at ease. (more…)
Designing a backyard to fit the vision of the perfect entertainment space can include many steps and design options to go through and choose. Among these options, you can pick water or lighting features, outdoor kitchen or spa, or a palapa to add to your backyard and raise the spirit of the environment and create an amazing space that is perfect for family gatherings and entertainment. (more…)
The big choice is already made. You’ve heard about the benefits of a backyard spa, or maybe you’ve even experienced them for yourself. Perhaps you first encountered a spa at a friend’s house or at a five-star hotel that hosted your last convention.
Whatever sparked your interest, you’ve decided to install one of your own. With that in mind, you’re meeting up with the folks at Creative Pool Designs by Express. There it is, staring you in the eye: the big question.
Should you get an in-ground spa or a stand-alone spa?
We offer both. Each has its own advantages and drawbacks. As is the case when choosing the right swimming pool, a lot depends on what you hope to get out of your investment. (Did we mention cost? Although there is a difference in price–the stand-alone type is slightly cheaper–many other factors can rank higher as you make your ultimate decision.)
- First and foremost, the stand-alone spa can go anywhere. It can be located outside, in a sunroom or at your new home if you move down the road. That sort of versatility is more important in colder climates, where you want to avoid a long trek through the ice and snow. But even in Texas, it’s convenient to keep the spa close for your daily soak.
- If you have an established poolscape, an in-ground spa can be an aesthetic addition to the total picture. Locating your spa near the pool can be convenient if you’re the sort of person who likes to close out a vigorous round of laps with a soothing soak. An adjacent spa can also share plumbing and electrical connections already in place for your pool. Finally, if you’re the sort of person who loves poolside entertaining, an in-ground spa is sure to become a party favorite.
- If you’re looking for the therapeutic benefits of a hot tub, you might want to think about how many jets are in a stand-alone tub. These units have between 30 and 70 jets compared to half as many in an in-ground spa. Plus, they have ergonomic seating.
- A final thought: The stand-alone spa requires less maintenance and, consequently, costs less to maintain. Again, though, if you have a pool, it can be convenient to take care of everything in one fell swoop.
The bottom line is this: Before you come in and talk with our design team, come up with a list of reasons why you want a backyard spa. From there, we will make sure you choose what best suits your individual needs. We’ll deliver the quality and creativity you’ve come to expect from Creative Pool Designs by Express.
Concrete pools are the most common type of pool selected, and plaster has many aspects and selections; it no longer has to be the traditional white color that was so popular in years before. (more…)
Designing a new swimming pool can be a daunting task unless you do some homework first and decide on a concept or idea that you love and are comfortable with, that can still fit within your budget. (more…)
It’s a fact: Energy bills go up when you install a pool. But that doesn’t mean you have to send the utility company a blank check every month! With a few simple tweaks to your routine, you can drastically cut back on the cost of maintaining your swimming pool.
Give these tips a try and see if they leave you with more money for pool toys, wine and cheese parties or that cute little bathing suit that caught your eye the other day.
- Put a solar cover on your pool. This will help you save 50 percent to 70 percent on your pool heating bills, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. A solar cover can reduce evaporation by 30 percent to 60 percent and chemical use by 35 percent to 60 percent. Who can turn down that kind of savings?
- Light up the night with LEDs. Not only do you get wonderful capabilities with LEDs, such as changing colors as the mood strikes, but also they last more than 30,000 hours. That typically translates to 10 years, which cuts back on replacement costs. Although LEDs cost more than incandescent bulbs, they’re 75 percent more energy efficient and pay for themselves in the first year and a half.
- Lower your water level by a few inches. You’ll lose less water from swimmers splashing around. Importantly, this step also cuts back the amount of evaporation that occurs when wind blows across the surface of your pool. In fact, wind increases evaporation by 300 percent, so you might even place some windbreakers around your pool, as well.
- Upgrade your pool equipment. You’ve probably heard that a variable-speed pump nearly cuts its energy cost in half. But did you know an automatic pool cleaner, will save even more? That’s assuming you start it about 15 minutes before you turn on the pump and shut it down about 15 minutes before you switch the pump off. Less debris will make its way to the pump and filter, meaning those components won’t have to work as hard to keep your water crystal clear.
Want to learn more? Give us a shout at Creative Pool Designs by Express and we can talk about more ways to customize your pool and spa to best suit your needs.
If you are in the Houston, Texas area and are considering renovating your existing pool or constructing a new pool, then the associates at Creative Pool Designs by Express should be your first and only stop in the process.
We are dedicated to providing a high level of customer service while putting your mind at ease by answering any questions you have and guiding you through the entire process from start to finish. (more…)