Concrete pools are the most common type of pool selected, and plaster has many aspects and selections; it no longer has to be the traditional white color that was so popular in years before. (more…)
Designing a new swimming pool can be a daunting task unless you do some homework first and decide on a concept or idea that you love and are comfortable with, that can still fit within your budget. (more…)
It’s a fact: Energy bills go up when you install a pool. But that doesn’t mean you have to send the utility company a blank check every month! With a few simple tweaks to your routine, you can drastically cut back on the cost of maintaining your swimming pool.
Give these tips a try and see if they leave you with more money for pool toys, wine and cheese parties or that cute little bathing suit that caught your eye the other day.
- Put a solar cover on your pool. This will help you save 50 percent to 70 percent on your pool heating bills, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. A solar cover can reduce evaporation by 30 percent to 60 percent and chemical use by 35 percent to 60 percent. Who can turn down that kind of savings?
- Light up the night with LEDs. Not only do you get wonderful capabilities with LEDs, such as changing colors as the mood strikes, but also they last more than 30,000 hours. That typically translates to 10 years, which cuts back on replacement costs. Although LEDs cost more than incandescent bulbs, they’re 75 percent more energy efficient and pay for themselves in the first year and a half.
- Lower your water level by a few inches. You’ll lose less water from swimmers splashing around. Importantly, this step also cuts back the amount of evaporation that occurs when wind blows across the surface of your pool. In fact, wind increases evaporation by 300 percent, so you might even place some windbreakers around your pool, as well.
- Upgrade your pool equipment. You’ve probably heard that a variable-speed pump nearly cuts its energy cost in half. But did you know an automatic pool cleaner, will save even more? That’s assuming you start it about 15 minutes before you turn on the pump and shut it down about 15 minutes before you switch the pump off. Less debris will make its way to the pump and filter, meaning those components won’t have to work as hard to keep your water crystal clear.
Want to learn more? Give us a shout at Creative Pool Designs by Express and we can talk about more ways to customize your pool and spa to best suit your needs.
If you are in the Houston, Texas area and are considering renovating your existing pool or constructing a new pool, then the associates at Creative Pool Designs by Express should be your first and only stop in the process.
We are dedicated to providing a high level of customer service while putting your mind at ease by answering any questions you have and guiding you through the entire process from start to finish. (more…)
At Creative Pool Designs by Express, we know how important it is to have a space that is functional and beautiful. You already have the swimming pool but you feel as if your yard is missing that little bit of something extra that makes it stand apart from the rest while offering a great place to entertain friends and family. We offer many different features that can add equity, beauty, and purpose to any backyard space. (more…)
How do you put a price on the cool, refreshing call of a backyard swimming pool? When that hot Texas sun turns up the temperature, nothing’s as satisfying as a quick dip.
When it comes to turning your backyard into an oasis, you’ve got lot of options. There’s the sort we offer at Creative Pool Designs by Express, including outdoor kitchens, fire pits and waterfalls.
Then there are the many ways you can finance your dream, whether it’s a pool-and-spa combo, a tropical getaway or a customized design fit to your yard. Sure, you can put it on your plastic, assuming you have a robust limit waiting in the wings. But there are easier and more financially friendly ways to make your dream come true:
- You might be able to secure a home-equity loan. Interest rates vary, and you run the risk of losing your home if you can’t keep up the payments. On the bright side, you might be able to write off the interest paid just as you do with your mortgage.
- Are you buying a new home? Depending on how much you are financing, you might be able to fold the cost of installation into your new mortgage. It helps if the pool is expected to increase the value of your home, though that’s not always a guarantee. If you’re building a new home, you might also save on costs by allowing the pool contractor to come in after excavation but before development. One word of warning: Government-supported mortgages often don’t allow pool-installation costs to be included in the mortgage because swimming pools are considered a luxury item.
- Pool builders such as Creative Pool Designs by Express often work with customers on financing their new pools. We’ve teamed up with Lyon Financial and AMS Financial, both of whom specialize in swimming pool loans. Another benefit to working with your dealer: In some cases, you can get a partial refund if you’re not satisfied with the job.
Give us a shout and we can talk. You’ll be in the swim in no time!