Looking to add some fun in your backyard this year? How about a pool? There are a lot of fun options that you can add on with your pool, allowing you to maximize the fun. Try one of these on for size, and let us help you design it. (more…)
Are you keeping your pool open through Halloween? You’ll want to when you hear these ideas for an amazing Halloween pool party! The right lighting and props can create the perfect atmosphere for whatever type of bash you have planned for your ghosts and ghouls. Here are a few fun ideas:
- First think lighting. Glow sticks or LED lights placed in or around the pool can add color and ambiance. Go for a single color for an elegant look, or mix it up for a more festive atmosphere. Or use blacklights for an ultra-creepy feel.
- Love pumpkin carving? Consider a pumpkin plunge! Have guests carve their own pumpkins and light them with battery-operated candles. Or you can have them ready and placed in the pool in advance if carving isn’t in your plans.
- If you’re willing to spend a bit of money to make your party truly memorable, consider a fog machine. The fog rolling over the water looks amazing and turns your pool into a black lagoon.
- Hold a swimwear-themed costume contest. Everyone needs to include a swimming suit or wet suit in their getup. Whether you go as Michael Phelps or a Disney princess, prepare to get wet!
Of course there are tons of other fun recipes, crafts, and other spooktacular activities you can add to your Halloween pool party. Have fun brainstorming some ideas of your own, and Happy Haunting!
Picking a shape for your swimming pool can be difficult. There are a lot of factors to consider, and a lot of options on the market. When thinking about the shape of your pool, you should think about ease of access, your landscape, the architecture of your house and the design scheme of your backyard. These are the top five shapes that most pool owners consider. (more…)
One of the main components to owning a swimming pool is the chemicals that need to be added. Almost daily, the chemicals need to be checked and monitored, and sometimes you need to add more. It is important to be sure that you are following the instructions when it comes to handling chemicals. Improper handling can lead to all kinds of bad side effects. Chlorine is a particularly potent chemical that requires care when handling. Here are some safety rules to help you out. (more…)
As the days start getting shorter, you pool may not seem like the biggest draw anymore. But that doesn’t mean that you have to give up using your outdoor entertaining space for the year. There are several ways that you can keep using your pool area right into the fall and maybe even the winter. (more…)
If you have a pool, you probably already know that you need some way to help keep your pool clean. Chlorine is a typical chemical for sanitizing your pool’s water and keeping things clean. If you have a chlorine system in your pool, you’ll need to be sure that you are testing your water on a regular basis. It needs to be kept at a consistent level in order to maintain the cleaning benefits. (more…)
No, you didn’t read that wrong. Just because it never (or rarely ever) snows in Houston doesn’t mean your pool can’t use a little seasonal maintenance.
Here are a few things you can do to enjoy your year-round Creative Pool. If you’re really sold on a literal 12-month experience–including, say, a replay of the 2014 ice storm–ask about our pool and spa combos!
- Get a realistic sense of how much you’ll use the pool. With the kids in school, are you likely to be out there every day? Or will it become a weekend activity? Adjust your maintenance accordingly. Keep it covered during slow periods so you’re not left fishing out a week’s worth of debris!
- Remain vigilant in checking your chemical levels. You don’t want algae and other bacterial mayhem to take hold in a moist, warm hotbed. Also, you want to keep your pool ready for whenever the whim to swim does come up! (Scrub the water line, too, to keep bacteria at bay.)
- Remember you’re putting an extra load on your pump and other motors. Give them some TLC to keep everything running smoothly. Check filters weekly if your pool is near falling leaves or other seasonal debris.
Even though you have swimming weather all year, shifts in the hours of sunshine and other climatic changes still affect your maintenance needs. Once you make the appropriate adjustments, you can fully take advantage of your never-ending summer!